Thursday, August 30, 2007

You were my strength

Liza

It was not so long ago, we were sitting in your kitchen chatting about everything, our children, work, the future. Sometimes I felt that I burdened you with my problems, but you never said a word. Coffee was always ready and you always made sure that we would not be disturbed. I was never close to my family, and you gave me the chance to be a part of yours. Your advice was always well thought about, and I always left you feeling that I could solve any problem.

I remember when they phoned, and told me you had passed away. I could not believe it. You never complained of having pains, you never said you didn't feel well. It was sudden. After the funeral, I started to feel guilty. My problems always seemed to be the topic of conversation, never yours. I couldn't even remember having asked you if you wanted to talk about something, or if you had a problem.

I miss you. I visit your grave whenever I can, and I sit and talk to you waiting for you to answer. You were my strength, and since you have gone I feel that I have lost it. My prayers are with your family, and you know that I wll always be there for them. They miss you so much. We all do and you are always in our minds. I hope that you are somewhere looking at us and taking care of us.

Your friend
Mary

No comments: